Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
This role involves leading a small team that provide an ‘arm’s length’ service, offering free impartial advice and support to children and young people with SEND and their parents or carers in Redbridge. You will need to develop strategic partnerships with families, practitioners (locally and nationally) and the RIASS Steering Group.
You will be primarily located at Ray Lodge Children’s Resource Centre in Woodford.
Your key areas of focus in the role will be:
- Establishing reach and gaps in service delivery and addressing them
- Providing the team with robust performance management
- Establishing a comprehensive service offer to children and young people
- Establishing effective partnerships with key stakeholders and the service Steering Group
- Expanding on the current training programme to parents and professionals
- Initiating a volunteering programme with the aim of recruiting 2-4 volunteers who will be supporting families by March 2021
As the service coordinator, you will drive innovation across the team, creating an environment to support the development of new ideas and continuous improvements to ways of working.
We would like you to have a comprehensive knowledge of SEND legislation and guidance and experience of working collaboratively with children, young people, parents/carers and a range of professionals to inform local policy and practice.
The role is currently fixed term to 31 March 2021, with the potential for extension beyond this date.
If you would like to find out more about our available roles or have an informal discussion in relation to the above post please contact Ruth Newell, Funding and Independent Advice Lead, on 020 8708 8923.
Ambitious for Redbridge