This is an exciting time to join Devon County Council Children’s services. Together with our service users, our workforce, and our partners, we’re working hard on our improvement journey at pace.
The Senior Manager (Safeguarding and Quality Assurance) is a role within a well-established and experienced senior management team and is responsible for the strategic development of safeguarding and quality assurance services and working with the Deputy Chief Officer for developing the wider partnership networks.
If you are appointed, you will:
- oversee the Quality Assurance, Review, and Safeguarding Service (QARSS) which undertakes child protection, children in care and LADO functions and also play a key role in working with the Devon Children and Families Partnership (which has replaced the LSCB) to ensure that there is a safe and effective partnership response to safeguarding in Devon;
- lead strategic developments and operational services designed to secure good outcomes and impact for some of the most vulnerable residents of Devon;
- contribute as a member of the senior management team to the formulation of overall strategy for the service area, setting and ensuring compliance with policy and performance targets for the service.
Salary and Benefits
We can offer:
- The opportunity to lead innovation as part of our service transformation programme;
- Being part of an ambitious, skilled and supportive senior leadership team;
- Excellent training and development opportunities including access to one-to-one coaching and wider workforce development package to enhance your skills;
- Generous annual leave;
- Flexible working and other employee rewards and discounts;
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
The position involves being able to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
For an informal discussion please contact Darryl Freeman/ Rachel Gillott on 01392 383000.
For the full job description and to apply, please visit https://www.devonjobs.gov.uk/management-senior-management-childrens-social-care-senior-manager-safeguarding-and-quality-assurance/69183.job
Closing date: 04/08/20
Interview date: 24-28/08/20