Job Title: Project Manager
Salary Range: £34,788 pa progressing to £42,683 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: 18m Fixed Term
Join us to continue to deliver our vision as a County of Opportunity. We are seeking people with experience of managing successful business change and project initiatives to join our dynamic and friendly team to help us transform services.
The Improvement Team manages a diverse portfolio of projects across the organisation and in particular, we are at the heart of championing and delivering service improvement through our transformation programme for which we run a PMO. Our work is wide ranging from setting up new companies for trading, delivering major procurement programmes, reengineering systems and processes to improve customer satisfaction, to delivering a growing number of partnership based programmes.
This role will appeal to you if you thrive on working on multiple projects, have a proven ability to manage associated activity and can confidently, clearly and effectively communicate with stakeholders.
To be considered for this role, you will:
- Have proven experience of project management in a large complex organisation and able to case study your success in facilitating change.
- Be able to demonstrate how you’ve successfully used project management, business improvement techniques and change management skills
- Be able to evidence successful negotiating and influencing skills to work collaboratively in a project environment and to motivate and inspire colleagues.
Sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.
- Career scheme aligned to the Association for Project Management standards
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent career development
- Salary exchange for additional benefits
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
- Shopping discounts
- Support groups & wellbeing schemes
Closing Date: 2nd August 2020
Interview Dates: w/c 10th August 2020
For an informal discussion please contact Lynne Jennings, Head of Improvement (01992 556387) or Roger Barrett, Business Improvement Manager (01992 556192).
Fixed Term and/or Secondment: This is a Fixed Term or Secondment vacancy. If you work for HCC or any other Local Authority and would like to be considered as a Secondment contract, please ensure you complete the attached Secondment Form as part of your application. If you do not, your application will be considered as a Fixed Term Contract only.
How to Apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen. As part of the application you will be required to upload your most recent CV ensuring gaps in employment have been addressed and includes your current, or most recent, employer. You are also asked to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the Person Specification area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application will be rejected.