HR Professional Services Advert - Royal Greenwich
Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager PO6 - £44,607 - £47,511
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager to lead a professional team committed to providing a quality health, safety & wellbeing service and to meeting the organisations key objectives.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Proven leadership skills
- Positive attitude and experience of advising on statutory corporate duties relating to Health safety and wellbeing.
- Up to date knowledge of legislation, codes of practice, new techniques and policies etc. in relation to health and safety, fire safety and occupational health.
- Excellent organisational skills and proven success in prioritising and delegating effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Work effectively with key stakeholders including Trade Unions
- Evidence of successful management of staff and resources.
- Manage time effectively with proven ability to switch seamlessly between strategic and operational issues
The successful candidate will be responsible for corporate Health Safety and Wellbeing policy and service delivery development, and for reviewing the authority's arrangements for health, safety and wellbeing.
You will have proven ability of leading a team of subject experts ensuring professional and practical advice and support to Directorate leads and Senior Management Teams on all aspects of health and safety management, supporting the organisation to discharge its statutory responsibility and to develop a positive health and safety culture.
Further information about the role is outlined in the accompanying job description and person specification.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.