Are you committed to helping some of the most vulnerable members of the community? Do you have experience of managing a housing register and statutory procedures? We are looking for an innovative, experienced Senior Housing Officer to join our Housing Options team.
What we need from you…..
- Experience of supervising a front line Housing Options Team and delivering a quality housing options, homeless and advice service
- In-depth knowledge of Government Legislation and statutory procedures
- Experience of supervising a team in either a local authority or housing organisation
- Experience of developing Partnership relationships and of working in a multi-disciplinary way
- Experience of service development
Who you are…..
- Organised, creative and flexible in your approach
- Able to effectively manage cases and assess risk
- Good IT skills, able to keep records updated and provide regular service performance. statistics
- Committed to developing strong working relationships internally and externally
You will also support and work alongside the Team Manager in representing Housing at meetings both internally and externally along with having experience of chairing meetings.
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of this is paid for by us.
What we offer in return… Work that makes a difference to people’s lives within this beautiful county, in addition to structured salary reviews, flexible remote working, local government pension scheme, discounted access to ‘Active Rutland’ keep fit activities and Flexi-Time to name just a few!
What to do now… Please visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk for more information about this role. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Alison Morgan, Team Manager – Housing Options on 01572 758155 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the links to apply online. Alternatively you can contact one of the HR team for an application pack, email: email@example.com or call 01572 758291.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will usually be sent out via email. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the HR team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
How to Apply
We will be accepting online applications for this role, if you require access to a computer or the internet resources are available at Rutland County Council’s Catmose site and within the County’s libraries, a member of the team will be happy to help you with your application. Please contact us on 01572 75 8291 to make alternative arrangements, if for any other reason you may struggle to complete the online application. The application forms can be made available in alternative and accessible formats.