St William of York Catholic Primary School is proud to serve our local community. We welcome children of all backgrounds and are very proud of our diverse and multicultural identity. We work together closely with our families to achieve the best for each child. St William of York is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and safer recruitment checks.
Our Governors are looking to appoint someone from October 2020 to work on a 1:1 basis with a child in KS2 in order to support their academic progress and personal development. The position is fixed term for one year or while High Needs Funding is in place or the child leaves.
We are looking for a person who is:
- Supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school
- Has experience of working within a mainstream setting supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs and supporting emotional and behavioural needs
- Genuine in their desire to work with children
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with a sense of humour
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work within a team
- Able to set high expectations for themselves and children
The person should have a recognised teaching assistant qualification or be someone who is keen to work in an educational setting and has previous experience of working in a school.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Complete the application form & email or post to the address below:
Closing Date: Friday 11th September 2020.
Short Listing Date: Monday 14th September 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 17th September 2020
St William of York Catholic Primary School
St William Road
Tel: 0151 924 7280
* If you would like to visit the school please contact the school office to arrange an appropriate time.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the application form.