Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council has embarked upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology enables staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
This post is one of a team of three that reports to the Head of Safeguarding and Quality Assurance and forms part of the Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Service. You will work closely with the other Planning and Performance Officers and the Children’s Performance and Data Team, playing a key role in the delivery of an agile Performance Framework across Children’s Services, that is responsive to new demands from both internal and external stakeholders, while also supporting a range of boards and panels and corporate performance monitoring.
The postholder will have exciting opportunities for the analysis, interpretation and dissemination of information and performance data to meet internal, external and corporate requirements, including inspections of the Local Authority by bodies such as Ofsted. Hounslow Children’s Services was graded as GOOD by Ofsted in 2018 and your work will be key in enhancing our improvement journey by supporting strategic and operational planning, performance management and management decision making processes.
- To contribute to strategic planning and the overall improvement of the performance of Children’s Services, enhancing outcomes for children and young people.
- To provide a flexible resource for the agile project management of specific projects and initiatives on a departmental, cross-departmental and cross-agency basis.
- To maintain an overview of the performance and project governance of service improvement initiatives to support the Department and Council in delivering high quality services.
- To deliver the outturns and narrative for service level performance indicators in the corporate plan.
- Experience of performance management frameworks, reporting and presenting.
- Excellent written skills and the ability to produce reports, briefings and narrative on performance data.
- Experience of managing projects and running boards and panels.
- Experience of data analysis and good ICT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Essential for the Role
- A relevant qualification up to or equivalent to a degree, or sufficient relevant experience in a similar type of role
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held during weeks commencing: 10th or 17th August 2020.
Closing date: 2 August 2020