This is an exciting time to join our Children’s Social Care Service and be part of our improvement journey. We have realigned our services and increased staffing capacity to ensure our staff feel supported to achieve the best outcomes for our children, young people and families.
We have also invested in our learning and development offer, relaunched a new career progression framework and are in the process of embedding Signs of Safety as our relationship based practice model.
As a social worker in our Children’s Social Work Teams you will be supporting vulnerable children in need, children in need of protection and those subject to Public Law Outline (PLO).
You will have a varied caseload that provides you the opportunity to work with a variety of children in the social care system and develop a wide range of knowledge and expertise. Our target caseload for each social worker is 18, although that will depend on the complexity of cases.
If you have completed your ASYE and are looking to take the next step in your social work career we would love to hear from you.
In addition to the annual salary, we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
- Market Premia Payment of £2,000 per annum (paid in equal monthly instalments)
- Retention Payment of £2,000 per annum (paid annually in April each year)
- Career progression scheme to support your pathway of professional development
- Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car after 6 months
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Access to a Surface Pro and mobile phone, to support flexible working
- Access to a confidential information, advice and counselling service
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
For an informal discussion please contact Ingrid Crisan, Head of Service for Children’s Social Work Team on 01634 331505 or email email@example.com
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
Candidates must have a valid driving licence for use in the UK and have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis and successful candidates invited to interview.
Please note that in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines, in regards to social distancing, all interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.