Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term for: 24 months
Closing date: Sunday 2 August 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 5 August 2020
For an informal discussion, please contact Ioni Sullivan - Economy and Business Support Manager on 01273 482701.
Are you interested in a career in public sector communications?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and proactive person to join our team. If you’re quick to learn and willing to develop your skills, then we can offer you a great opportunity to start a career in public sector communications. You’ll need excellent written communication skills, be good at using social media and be able to write for a variety of audiences and platforms.
Our team develops a range of programmes that aim to and grow the local economy and support the recovery from the covid-19 pandemic. Your role will be to help us to engage Small and Medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and encourage them to access government-funded business support services.
The two programmes the role will work across are briefly detailed below.
The Business East Sussex Growth Hub: The Growth Hub is delivered by the County Council, and acts as a 'one-stop-shop' for business support, our online channels are as follows:
The ERDF funded South East Business Boost Programme: This programme provides grants for businesses, and a range of free specialist support to businesses.
The Communications Assistant role will provide communications and marketing support to the team by:
- Updating our social media channels via a social media management system and working with the team to grow our online presence. Training will be provided on the system.
- Updating the website via WordPress (training will be provided) to ensure our content is up-to-date, relevant and engaging.
- Coordinating our regular newsletter on business support programmes
- Developing content for the social media channels, website, and for wider marketing (wider marketing could include writing case studies or producing content for partners to share).
- Promoting the South East Business Boost programme via our social media channels and other mediums.
- Providing some administrative support to these programmes which may include minute taking, assisting with collating data for reporting, or supporting arranging events.
Please note the job description is generic for a role at this level, so please pay particular attention to the information provided above in terms of the particular skills and abilities we are looking for.
This role is part funded through the 2014-2020 European Regional Development Fund.