Darlington continues to attract new and exciting developments increasing the ambition of the town and the living standards for all of its residents.
It is important that in creating these new opportunities we maintain the highway network in a way that ensures that it is efficient for all road users.
Darlington Borough Council is looking to employ an experienced person to meet the challenge of enabling development and ensuring that these new highway networks are suitably built to DBC’s regional and national standards.
You should have experience and a sound understanding of issues associated with housing developments (under Sections 38 and S278 of the Highways Act 1980) including initial design to meet the Tees Valley Design Guide & Specification and inspection of developers work on site.
You will also be able to demonstrate good communication skills.
The rewards for working at the Council go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
- 31 days annual leave
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Flexi Time Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
- Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
- Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre’s ‘Fit 4 Life’ package
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion please contact Dave McGuckin, Principal Engineer on 01325 406616.