2 Year Fixed Term Contract – Full Time
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
In the London Borough of Redbridge Adult Health & Social Care Service, we continue to transform how we work because we want to maintain our excellent standard of service delivery. We provide good support, supervision and opportunities for learning, and are looking for a Learning Disabilities Senior Social Work Practitioner who has sound professional experience and a strong commitment to excellence at a time when we are being recognised Nationally for our outstanding work.
This offers a great opportunity in the Redbridge Learning Disabilities Service for an experienced expert with hands on working knowledge of Social Work within Learning Disabilities to work in an Integrated Team. The Learning Disabilities Senior Social Work Practitioner will be responsible for a Team of specialist and generic social care practitioners across the Borough’s four Localities.
We are looking for:
• Professional Social Work qualification.
• Best Interest Assessor award and or Approved Mental Health Professional award
• Safeguarding Adults Manager (SAM)
• Excellent supervisory and leadership skills
• Knowledge and expertise of Learning Disabilities.
• You will be expected to provide support to social care practitioners and the Team Manager.
• You should be able to work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
• Have a working knowledge of office equipment and systems, effective IT skills
• Ability to manage time and work to deadlines and prioritise your workload
• Ability to use own initiative and work autonomously
• Have comprehensive knowledge of work practices, policies, processes and procedures relevant to this role.
• Ability to work as part of team and have a clear understanding of team working
• Follow established procedure to ensure adequate resources are available to meet work requirements.
In return we offer:
• We also offer our colleagues full support and development opportunities through a range of blended learning and development opportunities.
• 27 days holiday (increasing with 5 years’ service) and a generous pension scheme.
• Our staff benefit from our employee benefit scheme offering a range of discounts on a wide range of health and leisure activities, travel, shopping and much more.
• Agile and flexible working across the organisation.
If you would like to find out more about our available roles or have an informal discussion in relation to the above post please contact:
Cecilia Matsikidze- Integrated Team Manager at Community Health and Social Care Fairlop 020 8708 2229/5125 or 07710 9501123.
Ambitious for Redbridge
To apply for this post please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk/jobs