About the role
£33,948 - £42,684 per annum, plus a retention payment of £2,000 per annum for Social Workers in our Court Team.
Our children deserve the best. In Hillingdon, our specialist Court Team work alongside children and their families towards permanence. Our Court social workers receive additional training (i.e PAMS, Reunification and Court skills), to ensure that every effort is made to provide the family with the right intervention to achieve change in children's timescales, or to help parents cope where their children have to grow up with extended family, connected people, foster carers or adopters.
Our Court Team works closely with IROs, psychologists, care providers, the virtual school, Cafcass guardians and other multi-agency professionals to ensure that our children receive the highest level of care to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Ofsted said the following about our Court Team:
- When children need to be looked after, they receive effective and sensitive intervention tailored to their individual needs.
- Robust and timely care proceedings that meet the objectives of the Family Justice Review Recommendations.
- Children subject to the public law outline and care proceedings benefit from exceptionally strong intervention work including early permanency and timely care planning that is regularly reviewed and updated with changes needs of our children and young people
- Direct work is consistently undertaken, not only as part of permanence work, but also to help all children to understand their histories and experience
We continue to grow, challenge ourselves, our colleagues and our partners to develop with confidence and competence.
We are looking for Social Workers to join our Court Team, who have children's rights inscribed in their hearts and children's aspirations focused in their minds. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled social workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better outcomes for our children and their families every day.
- You must have a social work qualification
- You must have at least 12 months' postgraduate experience
- You must be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification
- You must be registered with Social Work England
- Previous experience working in a Court Team or experience of holding cases in care proceedings
What we offer
How will we help you develop as a social worker?
- As part of the West London Alliance and West London Teaching Partnership, Hillingdon has a PCF/KSS led training programme to provide all social workers with focused development opportunities.
- You will be surrounded by emotionally intelligent, dedicated social workers and leaders who model a "Children First" ethos. Every conversation you have will enhance your learning.
- You will have regular, reflective supervision and group supervision.
- You will be trained to use risk assessment tools and apply strength-based models of restorative practice to achieve best outcomes for children.
- You will be provided with equipment to assist mobile and flexible working.
- You will receive regular feedback from children and young people about your practice and how it impacts on their lives.
- You will have access to a clear career pathway with opportunity to grow in accordance to your talent and need.