We are looking for someone to join the HR team working across South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse District Councils. This is an exciting role that will give the successful postholder the opportunity to broaden their skills and knowledge across all HR disciplines. The post holder will be the first point of contact for the HR Advisory Team and will provide a range of support.
This is an ideal development opportunity for somebody who is keen to develop their career in HR as you will have lots of opportunity to get involved in a wide range of HR disciplines.
HR Coordinator Responsibilities:
• Answer general queries from staff and managers and know when to refer questions to other members of the team
• Manage the HR Team inbox, responding to queries and allocating queries to the team as necessary
• Draft a variety of reports, letters and contracts as required (e.g. new starters, change of salary or conditions, maternity, resignation etc.)
• Update HR procedure documents, forms and letters, when necessary
• Support the HR advisory team in preparing documents for disciplinary, grievance and capability hearings and take notes at hearings, where necessary
• Support the wider Strategic HR team on general project work, as required
• Answer phones and pass on messages, where appropriate
• Raise purchase orders and code invoices relating to the Strategic HR team on our financial system
HR Coordinator Requirements:
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Excellent administrative skills to a high standard of quality, including data entry, letter writing, spreadsheets etc.
• Intermediate MS office skills and ability to adapt to using different databases and systems
• Experience of producing reports from an IT system
• Sound written and verbal communication skills
• Good standard GCSEs (grades A to C) or equivalent level of experience
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus
• A levels or equivalent
• Experience of working in a HR team
• Experience of using an HR and/or Payroll system
About the District Councils:
South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4SB
Job type: Full time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Salary: £26,369 to £30,854 per annum
Benefits: 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years (Pro-rata for part time employees), flexible working and annualised hours, career average pension scheme, free parking, cycle to work scheme, and more.
Closing Date: Wednesday 8th July 2020 at 5pm
You may have experience of the following: HR Coordinator, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, HR Consultant, Human Resources Consultant, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, Software As A Service, SAAS, HR Operations Manager, etc.