As a Highway Inspector you will work with both the Highway Operations and Highway Asset Management teams. This post will report to the Highway Inspector Team Leader.
We require an enthusiastic and motivated individual with experience of working in a highway maintenance environment, to undertake a variety of work
and services within the public highway environment.
About the role
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Undertake routine and reactive safety inspections
- Issue repair works orders
- Monitoring inspection and enforcement of works on the public highway network
- Record keeping via mobile technology
- investigate and process accident claims & represent the Council in defence of claims
- Manage and control Scaffolding / Hoarding & other licences
- supervise highway adoption/improvement schemes
- Provide excellent customer service and timely responses to member/resident enquiries throughout the Borough
37 hours per week – Monday to Friday including some weekend and ‘out of hours’ work when required.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
For further information about the role please contact Richard Ponchaud on 07738916532
Closing date: 06th July 2020
Interview date: w/c 13th July 2020
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.