Your experience will help us shape how we do things to improve the wellbeing of our children.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. We want to help our most vulnerable families to get their lives firmly on track. We do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
- We are a small team of experienced workers working closely together and committed to maintaining a clear focus on meeting the statutory requirements embedded in, for example, the BF Child Protection Procedures, Working Together, Keeping Children Safe in Education and the IRO Handbook to support positive outcomes for children on child protection plans and children in care.
- We maintain high aspirations for all our children, developing strong partnership working to ensure our children are safe within their families and achieving their full potential in stable care arrangements. We offer high support to families holistically and high challenge to achieve this.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Quality assuring the care planning arrangements for each child, ensuring their wishes and feelings fully contribute to the planning for them and in line with the statutory guidance for Independent Reviewing Officers.
- Chairing of child protection conferences and related quality assurance activity in line with child protection procedures and ensuring the voice of the child is central to the safeguarding arrangements for them.
- Contribute to service and directorate wide quality assurance activity to support learning and development across the workforce.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an experienced, confident and reliable person who is committed and passionate about delivering better outcomes for our children and families. You will have experience of Child Looked After Reviews, Child Protection Conferences and other complex meetings. If you are a dynamic and passionate person committed to improving outcomes for vulnerable children, then this is your chance to join us at Bracknell Forest Council
Interviews will be held virtually on 27 July 2020
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Kogie Perumall
Job Title: Head of Quality Assurance
Phone Number: 01344352767
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
How to Apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.