Are you looking to start your career within IT?
Harborough District Council has a small dedicated IT team that will be delivering a large number of change projects over the next two years. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join them in a Service Desk Apprentice role.
The role will involve providing first-line support to their users, assisting with routine maintenance, and assist in the delivery of some aspects of their projects. Their users are either based in the main Council offices or at remote locations, including homes, so you will learn to diagnose issues remotely.
Find out more about Harborough District Council by visiting their website at https://www.harborough.gov.uk/
Roles & Responsibilities
- Providing first-line support to HDC users and elected members.
- Use the HDC Service Desk software to manage calls.
- Assist in the diagnosis of technical issues.
- Undertake routine maintenance, such as patching and updates
- Assist in the management of the asset register and auditing of system records.
- Assist in the setup and distribution of new/replacement equipment to users.
- Assist, where appropriate, in the delivery of change projects.
- Create and maintain IT documentation.
- Undertake basic project management.
Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent communication with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Provide pleasant customer service
- Ability to share ideas and trust your instinct
- A minimum of a Grade 4 in Maths or equivalent is required for this role.
Salary, Hours & Benefits
- £17,364 per annum
- Full-time hours: 37 hours (Monday - Friday)
- Time specifically allocated to your training, including industry-recognised qualifications and personal development.
Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our Level 4 IT Apprenticeship upon completion of your Level 3!
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
Baltic Apprenticeships - Information, advice and guidance
For more information on the Eligibility Criteria for an Apprenticeship, please find the below information -https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/857046/1920_Employer_Rules_Version_2.0_FINAL.pdf
Would you like to apply to this job?
Click on 'Apply' below.