This position is based at ACU, St Peters Hospital, Chertsey with regular days at FRH Guildford and Unither House, Chertsey as required.
This role is offered as a 6 month fixed-term opportunity.
About the role
Our vision is ‘Working with all our partners to make a difference to the lives of people, through trusted, personalised and universal social care support, so people have choice and control, and can maximise their wellbeing and independence in their local community.’
Your primary role will be supporting the I Access and Forensic Social Care teams with related administration duties, but may support Specialist and Mental Health Services when required. As an administration assistant working for Surrey County Council you will also be responsible for collecting and recording social care data.
- You will be undertaking general and varied administrative duties in order to provide support to a front line operational team within Adult Social Care, supporting the Substance Misuse Social Care staff
- Using the county council’s SAP system, you will record time administration data
- You will be expected to deal with complex telephone enquiries, a wide range of correspondence and diary management.
- Supporting the logging of safeguarding data
- Notes and minutes for bi-monthly social care meetings, Safeguarding Enquiries and Professionals Meetings
- You will work with highly confidential and sensitive information, and ensure best-practice in Information Governance (IG)
- As this is a generalist role, your duties will be varied according to the needs of the service
- Being a car user is essential as you will need to travel between offices
We’re looking for candidates who...
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are well organised and able to work under pressure, on occasions, to tight deadlines
- Have excellent customer service and IT skills
- Have previous experience of working in a busy office environment
- Have the ability to work as part of a team whilst being proactive and using your initiative
- Have a strong work ethic and understand the needs of confidentiality in a sensitive role such as this
- Ability to drive, and have a vehicle at your disposal is essential, due to requirement to cover multiple work bases
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion about this position please contact Will McCarthy (Assistant Team Manager) on 07814 297479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Caroline Hewlett on 07971 673277 (Senior Manager).
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 10th July 2020. Interview date and location to be confirmed.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.