This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to work in a forward-thinking Local Authority to ensure that a high quality, professional and efficient service is provided to its customers. You will join a small friendly team responsible for important democratic processes.
The Electoral Services Team are based at Emmer Green and there is parking on site.
About the role
- As an Electoral Services Officer you will provide highly competent administrative support to the Electoral Services Manager and Senior Electoral Services Officer.
- You will assist the Electoral Services Team in delivering all aspects of its work including maintaining the register of electors, absent votes list, meeting all statutory deadlines of the election timetable and many other aspects of our work.
- Your normal working hours are 37 hours per week but you must also have the ability to respond to pressure during peak times and are expected to work additional hours, late night working and occasional weekends at the busiest periods mainly in the weeks leading up to elections.
- You will be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, pay great attention to detail and demonstrate your considerable IT skills in ensuring efficient processes.
- Experience of Xpress Software system would be an advantage.
- You will need the drive and commitment to contribute to this service and its development and be confident to supervise the team.
- You will have excellent customer service skills and will deal with customers by telephone, email and face-to-face and have the ability to work as part of a team.
- If you hold the AEA certificate in electoral administration it would be an advantage, however the council are very happy to support the successful candidate to work towards it.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Claire.email@example.com
Closing Date: 6th July
Interview Date: week commencing 20th July
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.