Adult Social Care Financial Services - Direct Payments Team
- Do you have outstanding leadership and communication skills?
- Do you have experience in developing and delivering high quality services to vulnerable people?
- Do you enjoy finding solutions to problems through collaborative working?
- Do you have excellent financial skills blended with an empathetic and supportive approach to managing people?
If you can answer yes to the above, you could be our new Team Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated, organised and driven professional, preferably with experience within Direct Payments or a Health and Social Care setting. You will be involved in strategic planning for the service, therefore we’d like you to have knowledge of the Care Act 2014 and preferably a background in Finance or Operations.
It’s important you have excellent communication, negotiation, and decision-making skills with a ‘can do’ attitude in order to lead and manage the Direct Payments team to achieve set targets.
You be line managing team leaders to ensure the service delivers its performance indicators, liaising with external partners, implementing procedures and processes and actively seeking effective solutions to improve the service, whilst ensuring all safeguarding and other legal requirements are met. You will be providing day to day direction and guidance, ensuring that client needs, and aspirations are at the centre of all we do.
You will be representing the service at contract monitoring meetings with external agencies, so it’s important you have strong negotiation and partnership working skills.
This is a fast paced and developing service with high standards and aspirations to deliver a gold standard service to our customers. We are a very busy and responsive service and support people who are particularly vulnerable due to their care and support needs. You will join a small and supportive team who are passionate about the service they deliver.
You will receive all the training and support you need to develop your leadership and management skills and be part of a service that makes a difference to the lives of Adult Social Care clients.
It this sounds like the challenge you have been waiting for, then we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Zena Boniface, Operations Manager on Tel: 07876 878400.
East Sussex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all our employees. This includes:
- Competitive & Incremental salary
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development opportunities