About the role
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to provide first class administrative and secretarial support to the Assistant Directors in Land & Property and the Property Senior Leadership Team as required.
You will provide PA support, including:
- Complex diary management: responsibility for organising meetings, conference calls, site visits and team away days
- Producing correspondence, report documents and presentations. Taking action notes / minutes at meetings, producing agendas for meetings / workshops and co-ordinating the sessions
- Ensuring the Assistant Directors are briefed and prepared with the relevant paperwork for all meetings
- Records management (owning and updating various trackers, filing, database management, actions management log)
You will also provide administrative support to the wider Senior Management Team of Land & Property, including some diary management during busy periods and leave, and support for other activities as required.
These duties will include:
- Dealing with incoming calls effectively, referring them to the relevant sources and ensuring customers are dealt with efficiently; meeting and exceeding the standards expected under Customer Service Excellence
- Develop effective working relationships with Members and officers across the organisation and externally with Districts & Boroughs and other public, private, voluntary and community organisations and supplier and business representative groups
- Assist with raising and monitoring purchase orders, including becoming an expert user of SAP and other software packages to maintain Organisational Management information and related activities
- Review processes to improve the effectiveness of the whole service. Process improvement is something that will be very important for the Land & Property Service as they have recently acquired a new Director and team of Assistant Directors.
- Undertake other relevant duties as might be deemed necessary by the Director of Property, contributing flexibly to the overall requirements of the Service, including minute taking and meeting support where appropriate and coordination of regular communications to all staff across multiple sites.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion please contact Eva Webb on 07866973461.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 05/07/2020 with interviews to follow.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.