This is an exciting new opportunity at West Lancashire Borough Council. The successful post holder will be responsible for keeping up to date with national strategy and policy in addition to the drafting and development of key strategies and service plans associated to the services within the post holders' responsibility, such as street cleansing, grounds maintenance, parks maintenance, cemetery management and environmental enforcement. The post holder will also be expected to contribute towards projects such as fleet replacement and investment plan.
We're looking for someone to join the team who will be a positive member of the Place & Communities Directorate and will represent the Council at relevant operational meetings.
The Clean & Green Operations Manager will support the Head of Environmental Services in advising the Director of Place and Communities and the Council on the effects of relevant new or draft legislation, codes of practice or other initiatives, publications or developments, ensuring that the Council and other interested parties are properly briefed and advised.
Purpose of role:
• To ensure that the Council fulfils its statutory duty as a litter authority.
• To provide leadership, management, delivery and the continued development of efficient and effective grounds maintenance and street cleansing services which discharge the council's statutory duty as a litter authority.
• To promote the Clean & Green Service whilst continuing to engage and educate service users on litter and fly tipping reduction and programmed maintenance of land under the control of the local authority.
• To continually review and improve the performance of the service with line managers, driving out inefficiencies through improved methods of working, equipment and the use of technology.
• Where needed, re-process engineering the service to meet the needs of the community and customers.
• To consider future income generation opportunities for the service.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.