This is a 13 month fixed term contract running from 1st October 2020 to 1st November 2021.
About the role
This is an excellent fixed term contract or secondment opportunity to be part of a team delivering an exciting strategic programme of transformational change at Surrey County Council to upgrade or replace our existing SAP system which supports business critical Finance, HR, Payroll and Procurement processes.
Tell me more…
You will be joining early in the implementation phase and will be leading the development of reports, capturing requirements and managing a team of report writers to develop and test reports in the new ERP system. For more information on the position, please review the attached Job Description and detailed responsibilities.
What sort of person are we looking for?
- You relish a challenge and will be excited by this opportunity to have a lead role working with stakeholders from across the organisation including Finance, HR, Procurement, Business Operations and IT & Digital as well as the Systems Integrator partner to fulfil your role.
- You have expert knowledge in the development of a reporting strategy in line with best practice principles in a complex organisation.
- You are experienced in business requirements capture and prioritisation in an ERP reporting context.
- You have extensive experience in leading a team of report writers and coordinating the development of reports in an ERP context.
- You have significant experience in development of Business Intelligence and Data Reporting solutions gained through the full project lifecycle in a complex organisation.
- You will be excellent at communicating and building relationships with stakeholders, programme team members, the Systems Integrator and ERP vendor.
- You will have a collaborative work style, coordinating and providing direction to Report Writers and other team members to enable them to contribute effectively and fulfil their responsibilities in the development of reports on the programme.
- You will be an excellent team player, the sort or person that thrives working in a group of people all tasked with completing a large, complex, interdependent and ambitious task!
The small print…
This job is based out of County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2DW until County Hall is vacated. It may also require travel to sites across the county when required. Remote working is fully supported with provision of a light-weight laptop and remote access technology.
The role will start early in the Implementation phase of the programme as 1.0 FTE from 1st Oct 2020 and run for 13 months to 1st Nov 2021.
If you have any questions regarding this position or the programme, please email email@example.com
The advert will be closing on 03rd July 2020 at 23:59.
Interview dates to be confirmed.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Interested? Here’s how to apply
If you are interested in this Fixed Term Contract position, please apply including an expression of interest in the role and a copy of your CV by COP Monday 29th June. We will follow up with applicants directly regarding selection steps shortly after the advert closes.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.