Hours of work: 15 Hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time and term-time only
(As the position is part-time and term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Wednesday 08 July 2020
Inteview date: Week commencing Monday 13 July 2020
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Food Technology Technician - Seahaven Academy, Newhaven
- Salary: Full Time Equivalent salary is £17,355 p.a. with an actual salary of £6,110 p.a. based on term time only plus one week
- Hours: 15 hours per week term time only plus one week
About the School:
At Seahaven Academy we are a very proud community: we are a ‘good’ school with a track record of strong outcomes, really big ambitions and incredibly high standards. We whole- heartedly believe in the United Learning motto: ‘the best in everyone’. The strength of relationships between students and staff is second to none, so add to this a vibrant atmosphere, a stunning cliff-top location and excellent facilities and you will see why we feel so strongly about our academy.
In this unprecedented time visits to the school are not recommended but please contact the Senior Support Manager, Vicki Bowes at email@example.com for an informal conversation about our school.
Do you want to make a difference and have a positive impact on students' lives both inside and outside of the classroom?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our school at an exciting time and become part of our Food Technology Department.
You will support our Head of Department, teaching staff and students in the preparation of materials and resources; responsible for the cleanliness of the equipment, cookers and work areas; assist during practical lessons where required; maintain stock control and rotation
The successful applicant will:
- Have or be prepared to undertake Basic Food Hygiene Certificate and First Aid Certificate
- Be proactive, creative and resourceful
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have at least level 2 in literacy and numeracy and a good level of ICT skills
- Have excellent team working skills
We will offer you...
- An unrivalled opportunity to make a difference to a school and its community
- The opportunity to work with the fastest growing academy group in the country
- A comprehensive CPD programme both through the school and through wider opportunities within United Learning
- A great working environment with high staff morale and a strong sense of community
How to apply:
Seahaven Academy is part of United Learning, which is a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could.
Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
Seahaven Academy is an equal opportunities employer committed to ensuring continuing professional development for staff.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.