The Governors of this popular and successful family school are seeking to appoint a Level 2 Teaching Assistant to join our successful team. It is a fixed term post (in the first instance) to work with a child in our Reception class on a one-to-one basis, while funding is available or the child leaves our school.
You may be working with a child over a number of years and this may involve personal care.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant qualifications and experience to suitable for working with children of primary school age
- Experience of one-to-one work, preferably with knowledge and understanding of ASD
- An ability to work as part of a close and friendly team of class teachers and teaching assistants
- A flexible approach to working
- A high level of patience and understanding
- Enthusiasm and passion about working with children to support their needs and help them reach their potential
- Experience of delivering English and maths interventions at a foundation or Key Stage 1 level
- Excellent basic skills in literacy, and numeracy with good spoken English
We can offer you:
- A caring ethos rooted in Catholic faith and teachings
- A warm, happy and positive school where children are keen to learn
- Enthusiastic, well behaved and hard working pupils
- A welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team
- A commitment to future development and training
This post is initially offered as a 1 year fixed term contract with the prospect of permanacy, depending on funding.
Please send completed applicatins to the Headteacher using the email address below, or pass into the school office, addressed to Mr. P Chapman