Job Title: Clerk of Works
Salary: Band 9 £31,370 - £34,787p.a. 37 Hours per week flexi-time
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly motivated person to join our Building Projects team with good practical building knowledge and relevant site inspector or supervisory experience. Candidates must be confident, good communicators and be extremely thorough with an eye for detail.
Candidates will preferably be members of the of the Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate of GB, however for the right candidate full support and training will be provided to gain Chartered Membership (MICWCI).
What we can offer?
We can offer a diverse and exciting workload focusing on maintaining and improving our portfolio of 15,000 housing assets ranging from Victorian terrace houses through to new build properties as well as over 800 corporate assets, including commercial office buildings, leisure and educational facilities and unique buildings such as Southsea Castle and the Spinnaker Tower.
Typical projects would include planned maintenance schemes, extensions, adaptation and conversion of existing properties, through to full refurbishment & new build developments.
Whilst you will be working closely, and will have the full support of the project contract administrator and Senior Clerk of Works, you will also be given freedom to manage your own work load on a weekly basis.
Key duties will include;
- Ensure that projects are in full compliance with Building Regulations and all other current legislation as well as Contract drawings and specifications
- Highlight any Health & Safety issues directly with contractors and report back as necessary
- Carry out technical inspections to ensure completion to required standard.
- Confirm Quantities on site
- Attend project meetings
- Compile detailed Weekly Site Reports
- Assist as and when required with other building surveys such as defect investigation, end of defect inspections etc.
- Extensive benefits
- Salary up to £34,787p.a
- 26 days leave (rising to 30 after 5 years' service) with bank holidays on top
- Access to the excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Flexible working (home working options)
- Staff discounts at a range of companies including supermarkets and high street retailers
- Future career progression with PCC
- Friendly work environment
- If candidates are not currently chartered, full support will be provided to help you achieve Chartered status.
Who is the person?
- Have relevant trade or construction based City & Guilds/NVQ qualifications
- Have experience of acting in a supervisory capacity on construction sites.
- Have appropriate up to date training record for Construction based Subjects, such as SMSTS, CSCS, and First Aid.
- Preferably be a Member, or working towards membership with The Institute of Clerk of Works and Construction Inspectorate of GB (ICWCI)
- Be attentive to detail when checking works and materials, demonstrate an ability to lead setting the standard of work expected on site in accordance with the specification, be Confident and assertive when making decisions and informing the contractor as necessary.
- Have knowledge and be able to apply construction related health & safety legislation generally, including the CDM Regulations 2015, Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and Working at Height Regulation 2005.
- Demonstate practical IT skills using tablets and formulating detailed site reports.
- Have a full driving licence and provide a car for work, as you will be visiting various sites across Portsmouth and will need to travel effectively between them.
If you have any questions, or would like an informal discussion about the role, please call Adam Hardwick on 07852 167897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 20th July 2020 @ 12:00noon
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.