Job Title: Building Surveyor
Salary: up to £43,487p.a. 37 Hours per week flexi-time
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Building Surveyors to join our Building Surveying Projects team. Candidates will preferably be Chartered Members of the RICS or CIOB however this is not essential if relevant experience can be demonstrated.
What we can offer?
We can offer a diverse and exciting workload focusing on maintaining and improving our portfolio of 15,000 housing assets ranging from Victorian terrace houses through to new build properties as well as over 800 corporate assets, including commercial office buildings, leisure and educational facilities and unique buildings such as Southsea Castle and the Spinnaker Tower.
The majority of work is project based and involves taking projects from inception through to completion. Typical projects would include planned maintenance schemes, extension, adaptation and conversion of existing properties, through to full refurbishment.
Whilst you will be given freedom to manage your own projects there is a strong team environment and support is always available.
Key duties would include;
- Lead your own projects
- Feasibility studies
- Building surveys
- Preparing specifications and tender packages
- Planning and building regulation applications
- Contract Administration
- Project Management
- Projects up to £1million +
- Mentoring junior team members
- Extensive benefits
- Salary up to £43,487a
- 26 days leave (rising to 30 after 5 years' service) with bank holidays on top
- Access to the excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Flexible working (home working options)
- Staff discounts at a range of companies including supermarkets and high street retailers
- Future career progression with PCC
- Friendly work environment
- If candidates are not currently chartered, full support will be provided through our excellent APC programme to help you achieve Chartered status.
Who is the person?
- Preferably be a Chartered Member of the RICS or CIOB or demonstrate suitable practical project experience.
- Have good knowledge of building pathology and be experienced in undertaking building surveys, diagnosing defects and recommending remedial works.
- Have good knowledge and experience of writing specifications and preparing tender packages.
- Have a good knowledge of the JCT Intermediate Contract and experience in acting as Contract Administrator.
- Have good knowledge experience of relevant construction legislation such as Building Regulations Approved Documents, CDM Regulations 2015 and the Fire Safety Order 2005.
- Be an excellent communicator and have excellent attention to detail.
- Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD or similar and a working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Have a full driving licence and provide a car for work, as you will be visiting various sites across Portsmouth and will need to travel effectively between them.
If you have any questions, or would like an informal discussion about the role, please call Adam Hardwick on 07852 167897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 20th July 2020 @ 12:00noon
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted and provided with details of an assessment. The scope and format of the assessment will be tailored to ensure that it meets government guidelines in response to COVID-19.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment day will be invited for a final formal interview on a mutually agreeable date. The interview will focus on your own knowledge and personal experiences.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.