Job Title: Graduate Building Surveyor - Fixed Term Contract 4 Years
Salary: Band 7-Band 9 £24,799 - £34,787p.a. + Full APC support
(Progression through bands subject to successful completion of APC competencies)
37 Hours per week flexi-time
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people to join our Building Surveying Projects team who are looking to complete the RICS APC process. Any relevant surveying work experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
What we can offer?
We are fully committed to helping you develop and gain Chartered Membership of the RICS by providing an excellent structured Graduate programme to help you become a professionally qualified Building Surveyor.
We can offer a broad range of experience across our portfolio of 15,000 housing assets ranging from Victorian terrace houses through to new build properties as well as over 800 corporate assets, including commercial office buildings, leisure and educational facilities and unique buildings such as Southsea Castle and the Spinnaker Tower.
- Lead your own projects
- Feasibility studies
- Building surveys
- Preparing specifications and tender packages
- Planning and building regulation applications
- Contract Administration
- Project Management
- Client Management
- Projects up to £1million +
- Full APC support
- Allocated mentor and 1-2-1 support
- Monthly supervisor meetings
- Tailored workload to ensure relevant experience is gained
- Fully funded training courses & registration
- Full mock interviews and extensive APC training regime
- 100% pass rate over last 6 years
- Extensive benefits
- Salary up to £34,787p.a
- 26 days leave with bank holidays on top
- Access to the excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Flexible working (home working options)
- Staff discounts at a range of companies including supermarkets and high street retailers
- Excellent future career progression within PCC
- Friendly work environment
Who is the person?
- Have a RICS accredited undergraduate degree or a RICS accredited Post-Graduate Diploma or Masters.
- Have a passion for Buildings and be keen to develop a career in Building Surveying.
- Be able to learn quickly and have an excellent work ethic to ensure objectives are met.
- Be an excellent communicator and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Be extremely organised and display excellent attention to detail.
- Have basic CAD skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Have a full driving licence and provide a car for work, as you will be visiting various sites across Portsmouth and will need to travel effectively between them.
If you have any questions, or would like an informal discussion about the role, please call Adam Hardwick on 07852 167897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 20th July 2020 @ 12:00noon
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted and provided with details of an assessment. The scope and format of the assessment will be tailored to ensure that it meets government guidelines in response to COVID-19.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment day will be invited for a final formal interview on a mutually agreeable date. The interview will focus on your own knowledge and personal experiences.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.