SOUTH GROVE PRIMARY SCHOOL
37 Ringwood Road, Walthamstow, London E17 8PW
Tel: 0208 521 6000
Head Teacher: Julie Maltwood
Chair of Governors: Charlotte Slade
School Business Manager
PO5 Spine Points 38-41 (£42,681- £45, 585)- PO6 Spine Points 40-43 (£44,607 - £47,511)
Salary to be negotiated based on experience
Contract Term: Permanent (52 weeks x 36 hours per week)
Required 1st September 2020
South Grove Primary School is a vibrant, two form entry school, with a Special Resourced Provision for Autism and Globally Delayed pupils. It is situated in the richly diverse community of Walthamstow. The Governing Body and Head Teacher are seeking to appoint a collaborative, self-assured, skilled and organised School Business Manager to build on the vision and aspirations of our inclusive school.
We are committed to providing the very best education possible for our children and are keen to attract quality leaders to improve the school further. Staff, children and parents are proud of our school community and welcome committed staff to join us.
The School Business Manager is a key role within the Leadership Team. You will be expected to have overall strategic leadership and management in all aspects of finance, administration, HR and operations support within the school. The post-holder will be the school’s leading staff professional and provide leadership and management of the school’s support systems. The successful candidate should possess experience in Finance and HR, GDPR, and demonstrate a broad understanding of managing and organising a support functions across a school, overseeing all activities that do not have a curriculum focus.
The School Business Manager will also work closely with the Head Teacher to enable the development of quality systems, monitoring and information reports for Governors.
You will have:
- A certificate, or diploma, in School Business Management (CSBM/DSBM) with at least 3 or 4 year’s experience
- Experience of working within a school
- Confidence in leading staff and be able to function well as part of a team
- To be highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Experience of budgeting, forecasting, payroll, and bank reconciliation
- Have experience of strategic financial management, planning, performance management,
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of strategic financial management, SIMs/FMS
- Leadership and management experience of areas including finance and health and safety
- Experience of premises and facilities management
- An understanding of HR Procedures/Policies, performance management within a school environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present both written, and verbal information including data, for the Head Teacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governors
- Strategically and operationally contribute at Governor and Leadership Team Meetings
- Ability to work on their own initiative with excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills, and willingness to work flexibly
- A genuine desire to be involved in the life of our school and to work as part of our forward-thinking team of professionals dedicated to improving the school provision for children
We can offer:
- A supportive and ambitious Leadership Team and Governing Body
- New professional challenges and a rewarding career
- Keen and resilient staff
- A great working environment to develop your leadership and management skills across varied areas of support services
The successful candidate will join the school’s Senior Leadership Team and work with a strong and committed Administration Team, and will be expected to make a major contribution to the work of that team in all aspects of its work in school.
Visits to the school are welcomed, and can be arranged via the School’s e-mail
For details and an application pack, please contact South Grove Primary School, Ringwood Road, Walthamstow, London. E17 8PW Tel: 0208 521 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the school’s website www.southgrove.waltham.sch.uk
The Head Teacher welcomes visits to the school but this may be dependent upon restrictions due to the Coronavirus Pandemic. Please contact the School Office on 0208 521 6000
Closing date: Midday Friday 3rd July 2020
Interview: Week commencing Monday 6th July 2020
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references will be taken up prior to interview.