This is an exciting time to join our Children’s Social Care Service and be part of our improvement journey. We have realigned our services and increased staffing capacity to ensure our staff feel supported to achieve the best outcomes for our children, young people and families.
We have also invested in our learning and development offer, launched a new career progression framework and are in the process of embedding Signs of Safety as our relationship based practice model.
As an experienced social worker in our Children in Care Team you will work with children and families in a variety of diverse and complex contexts. You will have a target caseload of 15 (depending upon complexity) and be able to demonstrate and model good practice that reflects a commitment to relationship and strengths-based practice, working collaboratively with children and their families.
You will have 2 years’ post qualifying experience of working with children in a statutory setting and be registered with Social Work England.
In additional to the annual salary, we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
- Market Premia Payment of £2,500 per annum (paid monthly)
- Retention Payment of £3,000 per annum (paid annually)
- Career progression scheme to support your pathway of professional development
- Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car after 6 months
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Free car parking
- Access to a Surface Pro and mobile phone, to support flexible working
- Access to a confidential information, advice and counselling service
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
For an informal discussion please contact Nicoleta Stangu, Group Manager on 01634 334104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be reviewed as soon as you reply. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview via Microsoft Teams.
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
Candidates must have a valid driving licence for use in the UK and have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
How to Apply
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.