Job Title: Senior Transport Planning & Data Officer
Location: Based at County Hall, Hertford
Salary Range: £34,788 to £42,683 pa + Market Forces Payment
Hours: 37 hours per week
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SHAPING THE FUTURE OF HERTFORDSHIRE?
Hertfordshire has a population of over one million, directly borders one of the biggest cities in the world, has the fifth highest car ownership in the country and has a congestion problem which costs the UK economy over £0.4bn per annum.
Our Local Transport Plan 4 (LTP) has recently been adopted. The core feature of the plan is to do more to improve conditions for sustainable modes such as walking, cycling and passenger transport and prioritise these above car users ensuring residents lead fitter healthier lives with improved air quality and wellbeing.
Transport Planners assist in the management of Hertfordshire’s transport network and in conjunction with the LTP objectives, help to make the network run efficiently, whilst promoting safer, healthier and more sustainable methods of travelling.
Specialising in data analysis, you’ll manage, deliver, implement and present the outcomes of a range of transport planning data projects. You’ll also take an active role in collaborating with other teams across the council and promote a monitoring and evaluation ethos. Furthermore, you will support colleagues with bidding and funding applications and look to drive the highways service forward by promoting and making use of new analytical methods and technologies.
What you’ll bring:
- A commitment to implementing a collaborative approach to working, working with colleagues, teams and stakeholders.
- Post graduate diploma, masters or higher degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Geography, Transport Planning, Management, GIS or equivalent relevant experience in: Transport Planning, GIS, Project Management or Data Analysis.
- Experience of managing and delivering projects efficiently and on time and in a highly organised manner.
- Experience of data analysis to improve decision making
- Experience of using relevant systems such as GIS to analyse and present outcomes.
- Desire to drive the service forward by adopting new analytical techniques such as machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Desire to reduce carbon emissions and improve health and well-being in Hertfordshire through data driven transport planning.
- Proactive nature, with a commitment to deliver projects with minimal guidance.
- An inquisitive mind with a passion for problem solving.
Who we are:
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority experiencing unprecedented levels of growth and development. To respond to these growth challenges and achieve our strategic objectives we’ve created a new Growth and Infrastructure Unit, responsible for our interests in growth areas, economic development and strategic infrastructure. Join this proactive, flexible, ambitious team, and you’ll take on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
If you’re ready for new challenges in a varied and rewarding role, with an organisation that values you as an individual, then apply now.
Closing Date: 12th July 2020
Interview Date: 24th July 2020
For an informal discussion please contact: Lesley Davis (01992658123/Lesley.Davis@hertfordshire.gov.uk)