Team: Public Health
Job Family: Advising - CBG12
Salary: £37,092- £41,829 per annum pro rata
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week - job share will be considered for the right candidates
Base Location: Priory House, Shefford
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 6th July 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 22nd July 2020
More about the role:
This is a senior and high-profile role working with a range of key internal and external partners to commission, develop and implement effective services and interventions, to drive the achievement of excellent outcomes, and to reduce health inequalities for children and young people.
The role will have a specific focus on improving the health and wellbeing of school-aged children and young people, including improving emotional health and wellbeing and building resilience.
The postholder will be responsible for creating a social and physical environment in Central Bedfordshire that promotes health and wellbeing for all children and young people and minimises preventable ill health, working collaboratively across the system with a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
The role requires:
- Strong system leadership and partnership working, including influencing other organisations and agencies to increase their engagement with health and wellbeing, ill health prevention and health inequalities;
- A working knowledge of interpretation of key data, evaluation, delivering cost-effective and evidence-based interventions;
- Effective commissioning of services, including needs assessment, specifying service outcomes and performance management.
Qualifications and Experience
The suitable candidate will have:
- Degree level or equivalent level of knowledge gained through courses and relevant experience.
- Experience of working with a range of external organisations to achieve specific objectives.
- Experience of multi-agency working across organisational boundaries.
- Experience of influencing and achieving without direct management.
- Experience of working effectively both within a team and independently.
- Experience of project management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the commissioning process.
- The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines – managing own workload and delegating as appropriate.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable, planning effectively and responding to changing circumstances and newly revised/set targets and priorities.
- The ability to write and present reports for a range of audiences, including senior, strategic groups.
Join us, and take advantage of an attractive rewards package, agile working and the chance to learn and progress. Find your greatness by helping us to deliver better services and drive improvements to ensure that every child has the best start in life, and that this is sustained across the life course for school-aged children and young people.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Click HERE to apply now
To assess your suitability for the role, you must demonstrate how you meet the key outcomes, accountabilities and competencies. To do this, you’ll need to refer the Family Profile, Role Profile and Competency Framework which can be found in the Recruitment Pack: PH Senior Practitioner C&YP
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Barbara Rooney at email@example.com or call 0300 300 5076
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 300 8000.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer; we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline. If you do not have a CV to hand, please look on our website for a CV template that you can use to create your CV to apply for this role http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/jobs/work-here/application.aspx.