A highly ambitious authority with big plans for the future, Enfield Council has its sights firmly fixed on creating a better borough. We’re regenerating industrial estates, creating social housing and leading the development of 10,000 homes in Meridian Water. And that makes our Council a hugely exciting place to be. We’ve also adopted a new structure for Finance & Commercial that’s designed for today’s fast-paced environment. We now need skilled Business Partners who will support our work and thrive on our new opportunities.
As we move from a traditional model of budget monitoring to one of business partnering, we need two (part or fully) qualified accountants to focus on financial modelling and business transformation.
Our aim is for Business Partnering to be at the heart of decision-making, supporting the revenue side of the business. You’ll join us in one of two key areas: Property or ICT. The first will see you helping to rationalise our asset base, and the second involves supporting the directorate simplify businesses processes as well as completing value-added work, especially options appraisals . In both roles, you’ll be supporting the Head of Finance, Finance Managers and teams with robust financial advice. It involves solving issues, delivering the annual financial cycle and developing in-depth knowledge of your service area. You’ll also streamline budget monitoring and support wider transformation.
With varied projects and option appraisals too, you’ll need to be commercially sharp and technically capable, with strong people skills. Your knowledge should cover local government finance, budgeting and accounting, and be based on a CCAB accountancy qualification. Used to providing high-level financial advice, you’ll be articulate, IT literate and highly analytical.
If you’ve got the talent we’re looking for, we’ll give you every chance to develop your expertise and access more senior roles. With our exciting new training programme, you can maximise opportunities, both for yourself and local residents.
How to apply:
This guidance contains important information to help with your application:
- Please apply by submitting a CV and supporting statement (no more than 2-sides of A4 in length aligned to the person specification). Please also include your contact details.
- Please provide the details of two referees. Note that we will only approach referees for candidates proceeding to offer stage and only with your permission.
- Please ensure that you address the key requirements as set out in the person specification. These competencies will be used as part of the assessment process.
- Please return your application by the closing date – no applications will be accepted once the long listing process has begun.
- Following long listing, you will be contacted directly by a Penna consultant to update you on the status of your application.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date is Midnight on Friday 10th July 2020
Assessment & Final panel interviews are w/c 27th July 2020
If you have any questions or would like a confidential discussion with a Penna consultant, please contact:-
Az Ahmed, Finance Lead
020 3849 2616
07717 810 481
Please do not apply via the 'apply for this job' link below
To apply for this role please visit