Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated psychologist looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a highly committed team who apply psychology to improve outcomes for children and young people? Do you believe in promoting a plan do review approach, identifying and building on pupils’ strengths and working in collaboration with teachers, pupils and families at whole system, group and individual levels?
Halton Educational Psychology Service are looking to appoint a full time Educational Psychologists on a fixed term contract from the 01st September 2020 until 31st August 2021 in the first instance, to work with us to further develop our high quality consultation based service and contribute to promoting inclusion and improving outcomes for children young people and families across the borough. Could this be you?
You would be expected to:
• Promote and facilitate the application of psychology to create positive change for children, young people and families by working with schools adopting a flexible, creative ‘can do’ approach.
• Be professionally qualified and HCPC registered.
• Be personally committed to making a difference to individual young people.
• To work within a time allocation system and be responsible for the efficient, effective, clinical and professional delivery of Educational Psychology to meet the needs of the children, young people/adults, schools, settings and families in a group of schools.
• Be willing to develop an area of specialist work in line with your own interests and core priorities identified within Halton Borough Council.
• To work collaboratively across and with our partner agencies to support the development and delivery of initiatives/projects at strategic and operational levels.
• Work within and deliver on the Partial Traded Services scheme.
We can offer you the opportunity to join a progressive service where EPs have access to quality continued professional development and are actively encouraged to attend training and develop their psychological knowledge and skills. Your school allocation will be proportionate to your working hours. You will be supported to reflect and develop thinking through our peer supervision programme and individual supervision. Our office is centrally based and within easy access of major motorways. We benefit from free parking, essential car user status and flexible working conditions. We are committed to developing a forward thinking evidenced based service that applies creative psychology to promote positive change. We are excited to welcome similarly focused practitioners into our team to help achieve this.
Applications are warmly welcomed from experienced practitioners and those recently qualified or due to qualify by September 2020.
For further information or for a chat, please contact Dr Rhona Hobson, Principal Educational Psychologist on 0151 511 8736. You are welcome to come and visit the service on arrangement.
Please note interviews will be held in accordance with current Government social distancing measures and carried out via Skype video conferencing.
The Council and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the on-line application form.