West Lancashire Borough Council own and manage circa 6,500 homes across the Skelmersdale and Ormskirk areas. The Property Services Team manage the repair and maintenance of those homes, ensuring they are safe, warm and well maintained. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Property Services Team as the Repairs Service Delivery Manager.
The Council has recently entered into a new response and voids maintenance contract which has a strong emphasis on providing a modern interactive service that places the customer at the centre of the service, allowing them to choose from a range of communication channels how and when repairs are reported and carried out to their home.
The key areas you will be focusing on are:
· Providing leadership, direction and support to a dedicated team that deliver the day to day technical and operational management of the repairs and voids service, ensuring effective policies and procedures are in place and the team have a clear vision of their objectives.
· Develop and implement strategies for the on-going improvement of the service, utilising established key performance indicators and technology to drive efficiencies, monitor contractor performance and improve service delivery.
· Operate within an assigned budget and deliver agreed financial and operational targets.
· Working closely with the Compliance Manager to ensure that the response repairs service seamlessly supports an effective and coherent approach to statutory compliance, with particular emphasis on the management of asbestos, fire safety and gas servicing.
· Working with customers to capture their views, ensuring the service is customer focused and that customer feedback is used to continuously improve the service.
You will need to be a team player with proven experience in driving change and implementing new ways of working, to develop and maintain the Property Services Team into a customer focused, 'right first time' service provider.
If you feel you have the appropriate experience and skills to be part of the team that will take the Property Services Team forward and are looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to make a difference, then we would love to hear from you!
Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 13th July 2020.