Deputy Team Manager - Edge of Care Team
Salary: MM1 £37,905 to £48,486
X1 Permanent, Full Time position
If you are a dynamic and passionate person committed to working with and supporting children, this is your chance to join us at Enfield Council. We offer a high quality and innovative service for children in Enfield. Our children and family services were judged as Good in all areas by OFSTED in March 2019 and we want you to join us on our journey to Outstanding.
The Families Together team is the newly established Enfield Edge of care service that offers intensive work with young people aged 11 to 17 years on the edge of care. The Families Together team will provide robust, innovative and ambitious interventions for families of young people assessed as being on the edge of care in order to enable the family to continue to support children within the family network whilst improving outcomes for vulnerable young people.
- We are looking to recruit an experienced Deputy Team Manager to join the team. The successful candidates will display a high level of determination to ensure young people are able to remain living within their family networks in order to achieve positive outcomes. Professionals in the team will require a high level of resilience and perseverance in the face of resistance and challenge.
- As a Deputy team manager, you will need to be a qualified Social Worker, practising at level three or equivalent, with significant post qualifying experience (4 years +) in a statutory Children’s Services setting.
- Your primary role will be to manager staff, support the Team Manager and deputise in their absence.
- Your role will also include contributing to developing practice within the teams and providing mentoring to colleagues in the wider Children and Family Service.
- You will need to have skills and experience in assessing and effectively managing high risk and complex cases. You will also need good skills in analysis and report writing and be able to meet tight timescales.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Please note this recruitment is ongoing and we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. The recruiting managers will review applications on a weekly basis and will be inviting candidates to an interview as an when the shortlisting takes place. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Joseph Fitzgerald on 0208 132 2293 or Bernadette Eugene-Charlery on 0208 132 0300 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.