Team: Corporate Transport Unit
Contact Type: Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Hours: Full time (37 hours per week)
As a forward thinking local authority, we want every interaction with our residents and customers to be the very best experience we can make it, and this is about what all of us do every day. Our employees inspire each other to be the best through their ingenuity and desire to serve our communities well.
We are seeking a proactive and focused Customer Delivery Officer to join our busy and fast paced Corporate Transport Unit (CTU). The CTU are responsible for managing transport provision in relation to mainstream school transport, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) transport, and Adult Social Care (ASC) transport.
Alongside helping with the team’s daily operational activities, the successful candidate will primarily focus on the day to day monitoring of the financial resources of the CTU. This will involve:
• Checking, batching and processing invoices; liaising with establishments and operators to clarify discrepancies.
• Raising purchase orders
• Monitoring budgets for income and expenditure; reporting monthly budget forecasts to budget managers using Excel spreadsheets
Strong numerical and Microsoft Excel skills are essential for this role, along with previous experience of working within an administrative environment. The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:-
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Commitment to equality and the drive to provide services that are accessible, user friendly and customer focused
• The ability to work on your own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility for your workload
• Must have a can-do attitude, trustworthy, dependable and can deliver as promised
For more information about the role please contact Lynne Stewart on 07801 664584.
Closing Date: Sunday 5 July 2020
Interview Date: w/c 13 July 2020
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers aand volunteers to share this commitment. To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office quoting ref: 711734
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer