Ark Alexandra Academy
Faith. Excellence. Kindness.
Start date: January 2021
Location: Hastings, East Sussex
Salary: Ark Leadership Scale points 12 to 16 (£54,650 to £60,406)
About the role
Closing date: Tuesday 7 July 2020, 09:00am
Rolling interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams as suitable candidates are shortlisted. An appointment may be made prior to the closing date and therefore early applications are highly recommended.
Ark Alexandra Academy seeks an inspirational Assistant Principal to lead on various areas across the academy (please see the job description for more information). To help you gain experience in all aspects of school leadership and prepare for Headship, the exact role and specific responsibilities will be agreed annually and will change regularly. You will have the highest expectations for all students, share the belief that an excellent education and strong community are central to transforming lives and ensure that every student is given the opportunity and conditions to succeed.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the senior leadership team of a newly merged school entering the next phase of its development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity over time to experience other areas of school leadership across teaching and learning, curriculum and assessment. This role represents an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and ambitious individual to develop as a senior leader and take the next step towards headship.
This role is extremely important for the development and future of Ark Alexandra Academy. We are looking for an individual that has the ability and is ready to raise standards through excellence in teaching and learning in their own classroom, whilst helping to establish a school culture that is both rigorous and nurturing.
As the ideal candidate you will:
• Be vision aligned with our high aspirations and commitment to every student
• Have demonstrable experience of having significantly raised attainment
• Have experience of leading and managing a team of people
• Have the ability to use data to inform decision making and diagnose weaknesses that need addressing
• Have experience and understanding of how to improve and sustain an effective behaviour policy and/or teaching and learning in a challenging school
• Be a great teacher themselves. We are looking for a leader who really knows what great learning looks like in the classroom and how to achieve it
• Have a management style that encourages participation, innovation and confidence
• Have resilience and motivation to lead the academy through day-to-day challenges
• Show commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
Ark Alexandra preserves and builds on the legacy of Ark William Parker and Ark Helenswood, using our existing strengths and expertise to create a co-educational school, specialising in the creative arts and sport.
Our vision, ethos and curriculum support each student to achieve the highest academic results, develop essential personal qualities, become highly employable, and serve their communities well – and so raise standards and aspirations for all.
Our values of faith, excellence and kindness underpin our ethos, culture and behaviour. Our students and staff develop and model these universal Christian values across the academy. Please view our full values statement on our website: www.arkalexandra.org
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity or would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jan Laker, HR Manager at email@example.com
Ark Alexandra Academy is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.