Children’s Social Care Practice Consultant
This is an exciting time to join Wokingham Borough Council as we expand our children’s workforce to meet an increase in demand for our services and create innovative new teams and roles, using Signs of Safety as our practice framework.
Wokingham is ambitious for its Social Work, and the quality of relationships Social Workers develop with children and young people. We aspire to deliver the quality of service we ourselves would wish to receive. Part of this aspiration is Wokingham’s belief in the “grow our own” initiative, to reflect this we are seeking an additional Practice Consultant to support our expanding ASYE programme.
As a Practice Consultant you will work alongside the Principal Social Worker and will be responsible for many of the functions of the ASYE programme. These functions will include; providing monthly reflective supervision of ASYE workers, arranging and facilitating four monthly ASYE reviews and providing direct observations and portfolio support.
We know that the success of ANY team will be dependent upon the people we employ. You will find an environment where our people are valued for the important and challenging work they undertake and will where their learning and development is promoted and supported.
- To work in partnership with the Principle Social Worker to create and review workforce development and learning and development strategies.
- To create an active, dynamic and supportive learning environment.
- To provide monthly reflective supervision for ASYE workers and support the completion of their final portfolios.
- To support the Principle Social Worker with all meetings and learning events linked to the “Step Up to Social Work” programme.
- To provide targeted support for teams and individual support for workers through mentoring or team learning opportunities.
For more information about the role please contact Rachel Bedford at email@example.com
Or, to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
WBC is an equal opportunities employer.