Are you a creative internal communications professional with a drive to ensure corporate messages land in the right way?
Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham Town Centre are currently recruiting for an Internal Communication and Engagement Officer to work with their dynamic Communications, Engagement and Marketing Team on a 12 month FTC. You will report directly to the Team Manager.
The purpose of this role is to ensure staff are informed and engaged as we reimagine ourselves in the post COVID-19 world.
The way we provide public services and work for our residents will never be the same and you will be at the centre of this exciting opportunity for transformational change. We are looking for a new, better relationship with our residents and stakeholders and we need our people to be culturally ready for that change – your job will be to make sure they are.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• Designing and delivering messages in ways that are irresistible to staff
• Finding innovative ways to engage with staff on developing services in a meaningful way
• Improving two-way communications between officers and elected councillors
• Improving two-way communications between WBC and local town & parish councils
Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:-
• Substantial experience in delivering successful internal change communications and engagement in a large and complex organisation
• Demonstrable experience delivering cross-organisational campaigns from strategy to delivery, using a wide range of campaigning techniques to create change and wider support in society
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills in order to meet deadlines
• The ability to develop and deliver innovative ways to engage with residents via a range of methods including social media
• Degree level or equivalent relevant professional qualification
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an excellent dynamic team in the Communications, Engagement and Marketing Team (CEM).
Please refer to the Role Specifications and Scope for further information
Closing date for applications: 3 July 2020 11pm
Interviews will be held on: 16 & 17 July 2020
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and requires all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.wokingham.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Wokingham Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact David Allen by email at email@example.com