We are looking for a proven professional who can make an immediate impact on our Communications and Engagement with residents as we react and recover from the Covid-19 crisis.
You will be at the centre of this exciting opportunity. Your role will ensure all residents and stakeholders are informed and engaged as we transform the way we work for residents.
As Wokingham Borough Council reimagines itself in the post crisis world, we are seeking a new and better relationship with our residents and stakeholders that is based on real engagement backed by positive and proactive communication.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• Designing and delivering messages in ways that reach all residents and stakeholders via the digital channels and the media
• Finding innovative ways to engage with people to help us develop and deliver the services they want
• Improving two-way communications between the council and key stakeholders
Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:-
• Substantial experience in delivering successful communications, engagement and marketing for large and complex organisations
• Demonstrable experience delivering cross-organisational campaigns from strategy to delivery, using a wide range of techniques to create change and wider support in society
• Degree level or equivalent relevant professional qualification
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an excellent dynamic team in the Communications, Engagement and Marketing Team (CEM).
Please refer to the Role Specifications and Scope for further information
Closing date for applications: 3 July 2020
Interviews will be held on:- 16/17 July 2020 (subject to change)
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and requires all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.wokingham.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/
Please note that CVs are not accepted.
Wokingham Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact David Allen by email at firstname.lastname@example.org