Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Scale 6 £27, 228 to £29, 241
Are you a resourceful, calm but energetic manager? Can you lead our workforce engaged in Street Scene operations? If you can say yes to both questions this may be just the role for you.
This role requires energy and commitment to manage a team of up to 30 staff. In order to support this team you will need to demonstrate an understanding of staff management & motivation, of practical supervision of manual staff and their Street Scene activities.
This permanent post offers an attractive salary. You will receive additional payments for call out and weekend duties undertaken on a rota.
Importantly you will have proven experience of inspiring those around you and of embedding real service improvement.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight, 2nd July 2020
Interview Date: TBC
The standard process is for posts to be advertised on the Councils redeployment and internal site concurrently, however those members of staff that are at risk of redundancy and on the Council’s redeployment register will be considered first.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Penny Bond on 020 8132 2594 or Robert Thompson 0208 132 2639 on for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.