Youth Worker Edge of Care
Salary - PROF 1 £28,554 to £30,867
X1 Permanent, Part Time 18 hours Position
The Families Together team is the new Enfield’s offer of the edge of care service which provides robust, innovative and ambitious interventions for families of young people assessed as being on the edge of care in order to enable the family to continue to support children within the family network whilst improving outcomes for vulnerable young people. The team is a multidisciplinary team whose aim is to offer a holistic response to young people’s needs. We are currently recruiting to a new role of Youth Worker
- We are looking for an experienced practitioner who can demonstrate through relevant experience in working with vulnerable young people that they can have ambition to drive Enfield services to outstanding.
- You will be a dynamic and passionate person committed to working with and supporting children at risk of family breakdown
- Your role will also include contributing to developing practice within the teams and providing mentoring to colleagues in the wider Children and Families Service
- You will need to have skills and experience in assessing and effectively managing high risk and complex cases.
- You will also need good skills in analysis and report writing
As a qualified and professionally registered social worker with Social Work England, you will have knowledge of current legislation, have demonstrated your experience and abilities in respect of working in partnership with children, young people, families, and partner agencies. You will have over 2 years’ experience of working with vulnerable children and their families, preferably in a statutory setting, and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, as well as the ability to work individually and as part of a team. Your drive, enthusiasm and high aspirations will contribute to our journey to deliver exceptional outcomes for the children and young people of Enfield.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Please note this recruitment is ongoing and we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. The recruiting managers will review applications on a weekly basis and will be inviting candidates to an interview as an when the shortlisting takes place. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.Anastasi@enfield.gov.uk.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Joe Fitzgerald on 020 8132 2293 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.