Newly Qualified Social Workers
Waltham Forest is hiring for Children and Adult Social Care Posts:
Waltham Forest is committed to supporting and investing in our workforce. We are a Families Directorate and our ambition is that everyone in Waltham Forest enjoys a quality life. We have an outstanding leadership structure in place and dedicated staff who keeps its vulnerable and at risk populations at the heart of everything we do.
In children’s services we are looking for enthusiastic, caring and motivated individuals who have an interest in working with children, young people and families and want to achieve good outcomes for them by providing child-focused support and intervention to meet their needs. We want individuals who are committed to protecting children and young people and ensuring their voice is promoted in the work that we do to support and protect them, through partnership working with families, carers, and other professionals involved with a child, young person and their family.
Similarly, in adult services we are looking for warm, caring individuals to provide person centred support to adults. We are looking for Social Workers who believe it is important to ensure people have choice and control over their own support needs. We want people who are committed, like us, to focus on the person, their strengths and networks rather than routinely assessing people for services and eligibility. Waltham Forest believes that by exploring people's goals and aspirations, and the strengths they have themselves or around them, we can help people to stay independent for longer and connected to their communities.
In both service areas we ensure that practitioners have the skills, training, supervision and support to enable them to build effective relationships with the people they are supporting.
Over the years our ASYE programme has produced a number of Newly Qualified Social Workers who have been recognised by both internal and external stakeholders for the high quality of their work. We are proud that we have been able to offer NQSW’s the right kind of support and mentoring to help them excel.
• Access to senior clinicians and access to the social work forum and clinical risk forum for ASYE in Adult Social Care.
• RAS- Reflective Action Sets • Month 1-6 – Weekly supervision for the first 6 weeks, then fortnightly supervision up until six months
• Month 6-12 – Monthly case work supervision
Protected Case loads
• No cases allocated in first 2 weeks of employment
• In first 3 months of less than 50% of service caseload
• 3 – 6 months –gradual increase to 90%
Learning & Development Support
• Monthly meetings with our ASYE Coordinator
• Critical analysis and reflection sessions with your ASYE Assessor
• Varied training courses, and ongoing professional development including an exclusive programme aimed at NQSWs.
• Access to Community Care Inform (online resource), for both adult and children.
• Career progression including graduation to AMHP training
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Competitive salary
• Childcare Voucher Scheme
• Affordable membership fees at Waltham Forest’s state of the art Feel Good Centre – http://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/london/walthamforest/waltham-forest-feel-good-centre
View the Full List of Benefits
A chance to showcase your skills – The interviews will be held week commencing 25th August 2020.
We want to offer you the chance to showcase your skills and abilities. We will ask you for evidence of strong writing skills, followed by an interview process. We aim to make your interview experience a stimulating and mutually beneficial one.