Advanced Social Work Practitioner - Looked After Children
Salary: MM1 £37,905 to £48,486
X1 Permanent, Full Time position
We are looking for confident and skilled advanced social worker who is determined to achieve the best for looked after children in achieving their permanency.
As an advanced social worker in a Looked After Children's Team, your aim and role will be to support children living with relatives, family friends or foster families and perspective adopters or older children living in children's homes. You will be responsible for complex cases, ensuring children’s safety and supporting them towards independence, while fulfilling the council’s obligations as a corporate parent. You will be involved in permanency planning for children, ensuring their holistic needs are met in their long-term placement. You will be required to prepare reports and attend court to represent the Local Authority. An Advanced Social Work Practitioner may supervise students, care coordinators and/or personal advisors depending on need. A practice educator qualification would be helpful in this role but is not essential.
Through regular visits, assessments and reviewing their Care Plan, you will nurture and develop meaningful relationships with children; understand and interpret their wishes, and champion and support them to reach their full potential.
London Borough of Enfield are committed to the use Signs of Safety and this is incorporated into all work and reports undertaken. As an employee you will be given support and training in its use. You will be supported in this challenging role with regular reflective individual and group supervision. The role is to work alongside other professionals, to ensure that a child or young person receives appropriate care, education and health services, by working alongside other social workers, and partnership organisations such as: Foster carers, Health Services, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Education, The regional adoption agency and Independent Reviewing officers.
Team members have reduced caseloads to reflect the increased level of support they offer to each family and we have regular systemic group supervision to plan and review interventions. If the above interests you, we are looking for:
- An enthusiastic and highly skilled Social Work Advanced Practitioner join the team
- You will need to be a qualified Social Worker, practising at level three or equivalent, with significant post qualifying experience (4 years +) in a statutory Children’s Services setting.
- Your primary role will be to support the Team Manager in managing and leading a team of 3 SWs and 0.5 Family Support Worker as well as offering consultation and support to other teams across the service
- Your role will also include contributing to developing practice within the teams and providing mentoring to colleagues in the wider Children and Families Service
- You will need to have skills and experience in assessing and effectively managing high risk and complex cases as well as good skills in analysis and report writing
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Please note this recruitment is ongoing and we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. The recruiting managers will review applications on a weekly basis and will be inviting candidates to an interview as an when the shortlisting takes place. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or Elizabeth.email@example.com.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Karen Alderton on 020 8132 2314 or Jessica Hallaways on 0208 132 2267 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.