Social Workers - Child Protection and Family Support Service
Salary: Social Worker Level 3 £34,794 to £41,706
X6 Full Time Permanent positions
Enfield stands for energetic, nurturing, fulfilling, interesting, excellent, loyal and diverse practice. We want social workers who can make a difference to children and their families and who want to learn new ways of working. Enfield uses Signs of Safety as its model of intervention.
Currently, we have vacancies for social workers in our Child Protection and Family Support service and we are looking for workers who are committed to making a difference and want to work with families to effect change for children whether they are Children in Need, Children in Need of Protection our involved in family law proceedings.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts families at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you.
- We are looking for an experienced practitioner (social worker registered with Social Work England) who can demonstrate through qualifications and experience that they can have ambition to drive Enfield services to outstanding.
- You will be a dynamic and passionate person committed to working with and supporting children at risk of harm and those in need of support.
- Your role will also include contributing to developing practice within the teams and providing mentoring to colleagues in the wider Children and Families Service.
- You will need to have skills and experience in assessing and effectively managing high risk and complex cases as will as have good analysis and report writing.
As a qualified and professionally registered social worker with Social Work England, you will have knowledge of current legislation, have demonstrated your experience and abilities in respect of working in partnership with children, young people, families, and partner agencies. You will have over 2 years’ experience of working with vulnerable children and their families, preferably in a statutory setting, and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, as well as the ability to work individually and as part of a team. Your drive, enthusiasm and high aspirations will contribute to our journey to deliver exceptional outcomes for the children and young people of Enfield.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Please note this recruitment is ongoing and we reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. The recruiting managers will review applications on a weekly basis and will be inviting candidates to an interview as an when the shortlisting takes place. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply please click the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Bernadette Eugene-Charlery, Child Protection and Family Support Interim Service Manager on 0208 132 0300 or by email Bernadette.Eugene-Charlery@enfield.gov.uk
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.