Our approach to strategic commissioning in Wokingham Borough Council is driven by a process of understanding, planning and delivering better outcomes for local residents.
You and will be part of a team with responsibility for oversight of commissioned services, focusing on identifying needs, commissioning, market development, procurement and contract management within a category of services.
The Senior Commissioner will:
• Help to build the commissioning function and develop an excellent framework for commissioning practice
• Develop and deliver against the strategic priorities of both children’s and adults services
• Enable the development of the provider markets
• Lead on the development of key departmental strategies
• Lead our strategic partnership with providers
• Maintain effective oversight of the quality of the services offered by providers in order to ensure continuous improvement
• Lead the partnership with social care operational managers and ensure that services are meeting expected outcomes
The successful candidate will have good experience of commissioning in either adults or children’s services, effective leadership skills, as well as a clear understanding of how to build and manage an excellent framework for commissioning practice.
Closing date: 18 June 2020 11pm
Interview date: 22 June 2020
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and requires all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
For more information and to apply, please visit: www.wokingham.gov.uk/jobs-and-careers/
Please note that CVs are not accepted.