First Contact Officers, MASH
£29,766 - £30,711 per annum
We're good and outstanding - but don't just take our word for it!
We have big ambitions for our children and our workforce at Merton. We are working to be London’s best council. Our recent Ofsted Inspection judged all our services to be “good and outstanding” noting “Children in Merton benefit from services that are dynamic, ambitious and successful” in an organisation that “comprises a blend of compassion and concern for the most vulnerable children and families, and conspicuous care and support for frontline workers.” (Ofsted, July 2017)
We are looking for First Contact Officers to join our service in the MASH team. As a First Contact Officer you will have good written and verbal communication skills and a commitment to helping child and families in Merton. You will support our Social Workers by taking advice calls from families and professionals, supporting families to access the right services at the right time. With manageable caseloads, regular supervision, visible and supportive line management and excellent learning and development programmes to support you through well designed career pathways, you will be actively encouraged to think innovatively and creatively about how you can support children and families.
Across our children’s workforce we share a set of values:-
- We keep children and young people at the heart of all our work;
- We challenge inequality, promote inclusion and value diversity, making a difference for the most vulnerable;
- We promote a learning culture which values staff and volunteers;
- We work in partnership;
- We are committed to making a difference through quality assurance and continuous improvement.
- We listen, respond and value our children and young people, families and communities;
If you share our values and want to help us realize our ambition for our children, young people and families we offer you:
- Highly visible and committed senior and strong frontline managers
- An extensive professional development programme and purposeful career pathways
- A wider programme to support your wellbeing
- Highly competitive pay rates and generous annual leave entitlement
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.