Grade: Scale 3
Hours per week: 28 hours 40 minutes, term time. Monday - Friday 8.55am - 3.05pm (30 min break – duties will include half an hour lunchtime cover)
Paid weeks per year: 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: 1 September
Fixed term: Until 31 August 2021
Closing date: 19 June
Interview date: 29 June
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address: Drove Road, Portslade, BN41 2PA, email: email@example.com
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 294959
About the role
Peter Gladwin Primary School is looking to appoint two motivated, enthusiastic and resilient teaching assistants to join our busy team. Applicants should have the following attributes:
- Experience of supporting pupils with significant ASC and/or communication and interaction needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities, individually and in groups.
- Experience of supporting individual pupils with significant cognition and learning and SEMH needs is an advantage.
- Knowledge/experience of the EYFS, KS1 and KS2 curricula.
- Ability to relate well to primary-aged pupils.
- Ability to be patient, friendly, supportive and flexible, and to understand that all behaviour is communication.
- First aid training an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to use own initiative.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.