Children’s Social Care in Havering is a fast improving service, innovating within the sector and has a clear vision on what are and how we achieve positive outcomes for children, young people and families. Following our recent OFSTED inspection children services achieved a Good rating.
We are on an upward journey to deliver outstanding support to people who need our services and our staff. We are achieving this in a range of ways;
Delivery of accredited systemic practice across the whole workforce within the Social Care department. This is delivered in partnership with the Institute of Family Therapy. Two DfE funded Innovation Programmes focused on trying new ideas and changing how we work. ‘Obsessions’ where we focus on particular areas to strengthen them with our current focus on Assessments. Close working with partners to develop a DfE funded Teaching Partnership across East London. Strong partnerships across the UK, developing new tools and exchanging ideas. A Social Care Academy which defines the support and offer to all social care staff. A staff forum allowing the workforce across all of Children’s Services the chance to engage with their areas and senior management.
For more information, to see how our services are setup and to see our vision, please visit www.socialworkhavering.com.
Our offices are centrally located in Romford Town centre, with excellent transport connections. We are only 20 minutes from London Liverpool Street Station and from Spring 2019, Crossrail will connect East London to the West, significantly reducing journey times. Romford is in the hub of the Havering and our centralised bus system enables easy transports links across the entire borough. We offer onsite subsidised car parking, easily accessible within the M25, A12, A406 and A127.
Team Manager x 2
Grade 9 - £44,607 to £48,492 (Plus £8k Market Supplement)
We currently have 2 exciting opportunities for Team Managers within the Care Resources Team
About the job
- Directly manage a multi-disciplinary fostering team and to support the implement the strategic planning of the service. The role also involves close liaison with the fostering panel and the role of fostering panel advisor
- To provide leadership in the delivery of effective, transparent and inclusive support to fostering and kinship carers. To be able to lead on the delivery and sustainability of placements, and comply and advise on Fostering Regulations and looked after procedures.
- Provide strong leadership, clarity and vision, to take people with them to embrace change. Be a positive role model to creative and reflective thinking and collaborative working.
- To spearhead initiatives to promote good practice, including foster carer and fellow professionals participation as part of the team around the child.
- Contribute to a leadership team to articulate and explain plans and protocols and able to work from bottom up as well as top down and able to capture the morale and mood of the service and be an inspiration.
- Be a visible presence within children’s services strategically and operationally and create an environment that open minded, forward thinking and promotes an enquiring culture
- Responsible for the HR management, performance and resource allocation for the team and to manage the ongoing development of the service through the continuous improvement and performance management structures
- Involved in financial decision making and accountability for team budget within the agreed budgetary limits. Working with the wider management team to inform
- To be responsible for assigned projects
- Deputise for the Group Manager/Team managers across the service
This role will requires someone who can work from top to bottom and enrol the various teams to develop practice and improve outcomes. It also requires the ability to work across a number of teams, directorates and partner agencies.
Requirements for the role are:
- Ability to be calm, lead, give direction and be authoritative
- Ability to make decisive decisions and see them through to implementation
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Ability to influence local practice and promote children in care, and Care Resources
- Ability to write report and develop practice standards within the service and integrate them into practice across each team
- Ability to manage budgets and provide data for finance reports and performance appraisal.
- Ability to lead, innovate and promote new ways of working
Let’s make a difference together. Come and be part of care Resources
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please note the CV's will not be accepted
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 14th June 2020, We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interviews be scheduled for soon after
Please contact Johannah Philp on 01708 431998 if you have any enquiries.