Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
At Hillingdon, we believe in 'putting residents first' and shaping our services accordingly.
About the role
This is a part-time permanent role working 18 hours per week. The salary advertised will be pro-rata.
The working hours will be:
- Monday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Tuesday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Wednesday 1:30 pm - 5.00 pm
As a Housing Options & Homeless Prevention Officer, you will manage your own case load and work with clients to assess their housing needs. You will offer housing advice to prevent homelessness and support clients to access a broad range of housing options.
The key responsibilities are:
* Delivering professional and responsive housing options advice
* Undertaking statutory assessments
* Managing a case load across housing options and homeless prevention
* Supporting and directing clients to access a broad range of housing options
* Ensuring statutory requirements are met
* Developing and maintaining effective relationships with private sector landlords, local managing and lettings agents
* Communicating effectively with customers, representatives, Elected Members and colleagues
* Identifying and suggesting any improvements to current ways of working in order to deliver a more efficient and effective service for residents.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.